Korean-Style Beef Tacos
Serve with cooked rice tossed with a tablespoon of toasted sesame oil. Shop for your meat at supercenter box stores or discount warehouses like Costco for the best prices.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 2 tacos)
Total time: 1 Hour, 28 Minutes
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chile paste (such as sambal oelek)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces flank steak, sliced against the grain into thin strips
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Quick Pickled Cabbage
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a shallow dish. Add steak to dish; cover. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour, turning after 30 minutes.
2. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
3. Remove steak from marinade, and discard marinade. Thread steak onto 8 (8-inch) skewers; sprinkle with salt. Place skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 2 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Grill tortillas 30 seconds on each side or until lightly charred; keep warm. Place 2 tortillas on each of 4 plates, and divide steak evenly among tortillas. Divide the Quick Pickled Cabbage evenly among tacos; sprinkle with onions.
Julianna Grimes, Cooking Light